2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
150g arborio rice
250ml white wine
500ml stock (I used a 500g bag of ready-made fish stock from M&S this time)
1 small courgette (50g), chopped
100g broad beans
small head of broccoli, in florets
2 tbsp grated Parmesan
- Heat the oil and fry the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the rice and stir until coated in oil.
- Turn up the heat and add the wine, letting it simmer to reduce.
- Keep the heat high enough for a vigorous simmer and add the stock a little at a time, stirring until it absorbs a little.
- Once all the stock is added, leave to simmer for about 10mins - until just before the rice is cooked.
- Add the veg, turn the heat down a little, and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Check the rice is cooked (leave to cook longer if not) and season to taste.
- Remove from the heat, add the Parmesan, stir, cover, and leave for 2 mins.
- Serve and enjoy! You might like this with a side salad - the lettuce in this week’s box (23.07.11) would work beautifully!
This recipe tastes even better made with vegetables from Community Harvest Whetstone