Invented as we were going along, hence the random ingredients!
Summer vegetables: We used spring onion, wild garlic, courgette and broccoli from the harvest, plus some frozen soya beans.
A knob of butter
A handful of pine nuts
A little bit of chilli paste
The best olive oil you can afford
Pasta (we used pennoni, but you could use any type)
Some fresh grated parmesan
A slug of white wine
- Prepare the vegetables.
- Boil the pasta in salted water.
- While that's cooking, steam the vegetables.
- While the pasta is boiling and the vegetables are steaming, melt the butter in a frying pan and gently fry the spring onion and garlic for a couple of minutes. Squeeze in the chilli paste, toss in the nuts and cook for another minute. Add the wine and turn up the heat so it reduces, then set to one side.
- When the pasta and vegetables are done, remove them from the heat.
- Drain the pasta, return it to the pan, drizzle approximately a tablespoon of olive oil over it and shake to mix.
- Serve the pasta in two bowls, add the vegetables, then the pine nut mixture. Finally sprinkle with the parmesan.