Adapted from: http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1013335-spicy-stir-fried-cabbage
150g basmati rice
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons minced ginger
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
160g marinated tofu pieces (I used Cauldron ready-marinated)
1 small cabbage, shredded
1 medium carrot, cut into julienne
2 teaspoons soy sauce (more to taste)
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
salt, to taste
- Cook the rice according to your favourite method.
- When the rice has 5 minutes left, heat the oil in a large pan/wok.
- Gently fry the garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes until fragrant, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tofu and cook for a further minute or two, stirring occasionally.
- Add the shredded cabbage and carrot, and cook for a further minute or two, until the veg softens.
- Add the rice wine vinegar and soy sauce, and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Drain the rice and divide between two bowls. Top with the cabbage mixture and enjoy!
This recipe tastes even better made with vegetables from Community Harvest Whetstone