1 large onion, peeled & chopped
2 small celeriac, peeled & diced
3 small potatoes, peeled & diced
salt & pepper
1 litre water
- In a large saucepan fry the onion until soft.
- Add the curry powder & potatoes and fry for a minute or two more on a low heat - try not to let the curry powder stick.
- Add the celeriac, stock cube, and water. You may wish to add more or less water to produce a thinner/thicker soup.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins.
- Put the soup through a food processor until smooth, then return to the pan. Taste & adjust seasoning to suit.
- Allow the soup to heat through and then enjoy either as it comes or with a swirl of cream.
This recipe tastes even better made with vegetables from Community Harvest Whetstone