From the rather wonderful Hello Fresh
1 tbsp oil
1 large onion, diced
1 parsnip, diced
1 carrot, diced
1 swede, diced
1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
1 cinnamon stick
1 handful of dried apricots, chopped
1 clove garlic
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cucumber, peeled, halved, and deseeded
200g Greek yoghurt
2 tbsp flaked almonds
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 tbsp oil over a medium-low heat.
- Add the onion, carrot, and garlic and cook for approx 5 mins until the mixture is soft.
- Add the parsnip, swede, salt, turmeric, allspice, apricots and 3 tbsp water. Stir, cover, and cook for approx 5 mins.
- Remove the lid and add the tomatoes, stock, and cinnamon stick and cook for 25-30mins until the veg is soft.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- While the veg is cooking you'll need to cook the couscous according to the packet instructions. Also, grate the cucumber into the yoghurt and stir (this is the tzatziki).
- To serve, first place the couscous in each dish, followed by the veg mixture. Top with the tzatziki and flaked almonds.
This recipe tastes even better made with vegetables from Community Harvest Whetstone