With thanks to Rosie & Fran for showing me how to make this many years ago.
An assortment of vegetables. (I used 1 red onion, a bulb of garlic, 2 carrots, a pepper, a small aubergine and a courgette)
A handful of pine nuts
2-3 tbsp clear honey
About an inch of fresh ginger
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 6.
- Rough chop the vegetables into fairly large chunks (bear in mind that they will shrink while cooking). Leave the garlic cloves whole.
- In a large roasting dish, toss the vegetables and pine nuts in olive oil and cook in the oven for about an hour.
- While they're cooking, prepare the sauce: Mix the honey, grated ginger, zest of the whole lime and juice of half the lime in a cup. You might want to add more honey if you find the taste a little sharp for your liking.
- Once the vegetables are done, prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions.
- Serve by the layering the couscous, then the vegetables. Drizzle the sauce over the top. Meat eaters might like to serve this with a grilled chicken breast or some lamb skewers.
This recipe tastes even better made with vegetables from Community Harvest Whetstone