2 tbsp sunflower oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp chilli powder
550g new potatoes, washed & chopped
1 tin coconut milk (400ml)
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tin cooked chickpeas
125g runner beans, chopped
1 tsp salt
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil and then gently fry the onion & garlic until soft.
- Add the curry & chilli powders and stir.
- Add the potatoes and stir to coat in the spice mixture. Cook for 1-2 mins.
- Add the remaining ingredients, bring to the boil, and simmer until the potatoes are soft (no more than 15 mins).
- Adjust seasoning & spices to taste. I ate this on its own, but it would go well with rice or chappatis.
This recipe tastes even better made with vegetables from Community Harvest Whetstone