Adapted from http://www.tartineandapronstrings.com/2013/04/13/sundried-tomato-pesto-and-chard-pancakes/
150g chard, tough stalks removed
50g plain flour
1/2tbsp baking powder
30g butter, melted
1 tsp smoked paprika
1tbsp soured cream
1tbsp chives, chopped
- Blanch the chard leaves (takes 2-3 mins), drain, and set aside. Once cool, squeeze out as much excess water as possible, and then chop roughly.
- Mix all the other ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add the chard and mix well.
- In a large frying pan, heat a small amount of oil. Place 2 tbsp of the pancake mixture to make one pancake; you might be able to fit 2 or 3 in your pan at a time. Cook one side for about 2 minutes - the top will be starting to set but still went. Then turn and cook the other side.
- Drain on paper towels. You might want to put the oven on a low heat and then transfer the cooked pancakes to a dish there to keep warm while you cook the remainder.
- Repeat the cooking process with the rest of the batter. Serve with a nice green salad - there are some lovely leaves in the harvests at the moment.
This recipe tastes even better made with vegetables from Community Harvest Whetstone