You’ll have to forgive me if the quantities & method are a little sketchy... I saw a similar dish on a restaurant menu and was seeking to recreate it, so the whole thing was made up as I went along!
tin butter beans
about 10 cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
oil of your choice (I used rapeseed but I’m sure olive would work)
a handful of pearled spelt
grated parmesan (or I’m sure some grilled halloumi would be fantastic)
freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat your oven (I used gas 6).
- Dice the squash and put in a baking tray with a generous amount of oil. Stir to coat the pieces with oil, and then pop in the oven to roast. This will take about 45 mins or so.
- In a saucepan, sweat the tomatoes in some oil until they’ve broken down into a kind of sauce.
- Add the beans and spelt, and then add harissa and salt to your taste. Let this cook until the spelt is soft and ready to eat. Adjust seasoning as necessary.
- In your serving dishes put a layer of beans first, then top with pieces of roasted squash, and finally top with cheese/ground black pepper to your taste.
This recipe tastes even better made with vegetables from Community Harvest Whetstone