A quick mid-week dinner that is also indulgent.
Lightly adapted from http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1363644/gnocchi-with-courgette-mascarpone-and-spring-onion
1 tbsp olive oil
2-3 tsp red pepper flakes (to taste, depending on your like for spice)
2-3 medium courgette, cut into thin ribbons with a peeler
4 spring onions, chopped
zest 1 lemon
2 heaped tbsp mascarpone
50g parmesan, grated
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil. Add the courgette ribbons and cook until they become softer and reduced in volume.
- Meanwhile, cook the gnocchi according to the pack instructions and set aside.
- Add the red pepper flakes, spring onions, lemon zest, mascarpone, and half the parmesan to the courgettes, stir, and cook for a few more minutes. The mascarpone should dissolve into a creamy sauce.
- Add the gnocchi to the courgette mixture and season to taste.
- Cook for a further minute and then serve immediately. Top with the remaining parmesan and serve with a green salad.
This recipe tastes even better made with vegetables from Community Harvest Whetstone