Taken from Miss Dahl’s Voluptuous Delights
4 large parsnips, peeled and chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 or 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
1 tbsp curry powder
1 pint stock
- Sweat the onion and garlic in the oil over a low heat for about a minute.
- Add the curry powder, stir, and cook for a further minute.
- Add the parsnip and stock, bring to the boil, and simmer for 15-20mins.
- Blend and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- The original recipe calls for 2tbsp single cream to be added at this point; I didn’t have any so omitted it.
This recipe tastes even better made with vegetables from Community Harvest Whetstone