I made this soup using a slight adaptation of a recipe in The Silver Spoon
. If I made it again there are a few changes I’d make, which I’ve noted at the end
1 litre stock
1tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
400g celeriac & celery, trimmed and chopped
3 potatoes, diced
5 tbsp milk
grated Parmesan, to serve
Changes I’d make next time:
- Heat the butter & olive oil in a pan and add the onion, celeriac, and celery & cook for a few mins until soft.
- Add the stock & potatoes, bring to the boil, then simmer gently for 40 mins.
- Blend the soup until smooth.
- Warm the milk in a separate pan & add to the soup mixture.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve with shavings of Parmesan sprinkled on top.
- Omit the butter as it made the finished soup a little oily.
- Reduce the cooking time to 20 mins as 40 seemed excessive.
- Omit the milk as it seemed to make little difference.
- Reduce the quantity of stock to make the finished soup slightly less liquid.
- Consider adding another potato to make the soup slightly bulkier/creamier.
This recipe tastes even better made with vegetables from Community Harvest Whetstone