1 fennel bulb
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 400g can chickpeas
Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
Zest and juice of 1 orange
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup instant couscous
- Slice the fennel lengthwise.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan and gently cook the fennel until soft and brown, about 10-15mins. Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, put the olive oil and orange and lemon zests in a small pan. Juice the orange into a measuring cup, and top up with water until you have 1.5 cups of liquid in total; add that to the pan. Bring to a boil, add the couscous, cover, and leave to soak in for 5 mins.
- Return to the fennel: add the chickpeas and lemon juice, stir, and cook for a further few minutes.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork, mix together with the fennel, and serve.
This recipe tastes even better made with vegetables from Community Harvest Whetstone