Adapted from http://www.deliciouseveryday.com/zucchini-and-haloumi-quinoa-patties/
120g of quinoa, cooked according to the packet instructions
2 medium courgettes, grated
1/2 tbsp salt
100g of halloumi, sliced
1 tbsp sunflower oil
2 eggs, beaten
2 cloves of garlic, minced
3 spring onions, finely chopped
1 tbs of mint leaves, finely chopped
2 tbs of parsley, finely chopped
60g of wholemeal breadcrumbs
salt and pepper to taste
1-2 tbsp flour, to bind if necessary
- Pre-heat the oven to gas 6/200C/400F
- Put the grated courgettes in a sieve, salt, and leave for 15-20 mins. Squeeze as much moisture from them as possible.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, and fry the halloumi on both sides until golden brown. Set aside to cool. Once cool, dice (quite small).
- Combine all the ingredients (except flour) in a large bowl, and mix well.
- Use your hands to form the burgers and place on a baking tray. If the mixture isn't holding together, add flour, a tablespoon at a time, to help bind. Conversely, if the mixture is too dry you can add water, a tablespoon at a time.
- Place your burgers on the baking tray so they're not touching. Bake for 20 mins, flip, and bake for a further 5 mins. They can be served hot or once cooled. Enjoy!
This recipe tastes even better made with vegetables from Community Harvest Whetstone