This was a really tasty way to use quite a lot of courgettes in one go :-)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp tomato puree
salt & pepper
6 dried lasagne sheets
1 tbsp sunflower oil
1 onion, finely sliced
750g courgettes, coarsely grated
250g tub ricotta
grated nutmeg, to taste
salt & pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a small pan and add the onions. Cook until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and cook for a minute or so more.
- Add the passata and tomato puree and cook over a low heat with the lid on for about 20 minutes. This will give the sauce time to thicken up. Season to taste and set to one side.
- Pre-heat the oven to gas 7/220C
- In a large pan, heat the oil and add the sliced onion. Cook for a few minutes and then add the courgette. Cook for about 10 minutes; in this time it will reduce in volume and become quite bright in colour.
- Add 2/3 of the ricotta and 2/3 of the cheddar. Stir until the cheeses are mixed in and have made a sauce.
- Add nutmeg and season to taste.
- In a large baking dish, create the layers for the lasagne. Start with the courgette, then the lasagne sheets, then the tomato sauce. Repeat. You should have enough of everything for two layers, depending on the size of your dish. Make sure the lasagne sheets are fully covered. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until golden brown on top and bubbling.
This recipe tastes even better made with vegetables from Community Harvest Whetstone