Courgettes, preferably small ones
Olive oil, or you can use butter
- Slice the courgettes lengthways, about 5-10mm thick.
- Break the egg into a bowl and whisk it. Put the flour in another.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan: Hot enough that the courgettes will start cooking as soon as you put them in, but not so hot that the oil burns.
- Dip the courgettes in the egg, then the flour, then put them in the frying pan.
- Fry them until they are golden brown on both sides; this should only take a couple of minutes.
- Take them out and put them on a piece of kitchen towel. Use another piece to pat any excess oil from the top. Eat immediately.
This recipe tastes even better made with vegetables from Community Harvest Whetstone