If you've left any courgettes on the plant for too long, this is also a good way of adding flavour to marrows.
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
Curry spices (I used a supermarket generic hot curry powder, garam masala & coriander seeds)
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
1 tin of chickpeas
1 marrow, or the equivalent of courgettes, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion and garlic on a low heat for a few minutes until soft.
- Add the spices. Turn the heat to the lowest setting, put the lid on and let the mixture sweat for about five minutes. (NB: The longer you can leave this, the more intense the flavours.)
- Add the courgette, stir, replace the lid and sweat for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, tomatoes and salt and stir. Bring to simmering point and then simmer gently for about 20 minutes.
- Season to taste, if necessary. Serve with rice.
This recipe tastes even better made with vegetables from Community Harvest Whetstone