500g potatoes, peeled & chopped
225g kale/cabbage/spring greens
2 spring onions, chopped
butter, to taste
50g cheddar cheese, grated
salt & pepper to taste
- Boil the potatoes until tender, then drain & mash.
- Gently cook the greens until tender, then drain.
- Preheat oven to gas 5/190C
- In a large bowl mix together the potatoes, greens, spring onion, butter, and nutmeg, then season to taste.
- Spoon the mixture into a shallow ovenproof dish and make two holes. Crack the eggs into those holes.
- Bake until the eggs are set (15-20mins) and then serve sprinkled with the cheese.
This recipe tastes even better made with vegetables from Community Harvest Whetstone