Vaguely inspired by a recipe in Delia's Vegetarian Collection, but adapted quite a lot!
Serves about 6
1 tbsp olive oil
140g onion, chopped
325g potato, diced
85g leek, chopped
450g cauliflower, cut into florets
1 litre stock
2 bay leaves
salt & pepper
fresh chopped chives (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, then add the onion, potato, & leek. Stir, cover, and allow to sweat for about 15 mins.
- Add the cauliflower, stock and bay leaves, bring to the boil, and simmer for about 15 mins - until the cauliflower's tender.
- Remove the bay leaves and put the soup through the blender in batches until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pan and add the Stilton, heating gently & stirring to allow it to melt.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with some chopped chives if desired.
N.B when reheating this soup, ensure it doesn't boil.
This recipe tastes even better made with vegetables from Community Harvest Whetstone