As always, thanks to Mum for teaching me the basics of soup-making.
1 onion, chopped
tbsp sunflower oil
approx week’s worth of carrots from harvest (500g?), rough chopped
large bunch of fresh coriander, rough chopped
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 - 1 1/2 pints stock
- Fry the onion over a low heat until soft and translucent.
- Add the carrots and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins until the carrots are soft.
- Add the coriander and simmer for a further minute or two.
- Blend until fairly smooth (or a consistency you like).
- Season lightly- don’t add too much or you’ll drown the natural sweetness of CHW carrots!
This recipe tastes even better made with vegetables from Community Harvest Whetstone