We recently stayed at http://www.aylestonecourt.com/
on a short trip away (highly recommended!) and ate in the hotel restaurant on the first night. We both chose this dish & enjoyed it so much that this is my attempt to recreate it at home.
2 cloves garlic
30g onion, chopped
70g mushrooms, sliced
50g blue cheese
80g cooked beetroot
splash of white wine
splash of cream
250g fresh tagliatelle
- On a low heat, melt the butter. Gently cook the onion & garlic until translucent.
- Add the mushrooms & cook for a minute or two more.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions (it should only take 3 mins).
- Once the mushrooms have released their juice, turn the heat up & add a generous splash of white wine. Allow this to cook off.
- Turn the heat down & add the cream & blue cheese.
- Add the cooked & drained pasta to the sauce, along with the beetroot.
- Toss & serve immediately.
This recipe tastes even better made with vegetables from Community Harvest Whetstone