This is the perfect meal for when you're hungry, but still want fresh vegetable flavours.
1 tbsp olive oil
75g arborio rice
1 clove garlic
100g broad beans (podded weight)
2 spring onions, sliced (approx 30g)
salt & pepper to taste
20g Parmesan, grated
- In a medium saucepan, gently heat the oil. Add the rice and cook, stirring occasionally, until toasted. Add the garlic, stir, and cook for another minute or so.
- Add a splash of stock (expect the pan to sizzle!), and stir. When most of the stock has been absorbed, add more stock. Continue until all the stock is in the pan.
- Add the broad beans and spring onions and cook for a further 5 minutes or so, until the rice and beans are cooked to your taste.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Turn off the heat, add the Parmesan, stir, and then serve immediately.
This recipe tastes even better made with vegetables from Community Harvest Whetstone